How to Achieve Your Dreams

Que sera sera, what will be, will be, the future is ours to see, que sera sera… so goes an old song which my mom used to hum all the time. Then it goes on… when I was just a little girl, I asked my mother what will I be? Will I be pretty, will I be rich, that all depends on me.


True enough, whatever becomes of us, is our choice. Do not be disheartened if you are not as bright as the other guy. I have witnessed time and again that people succeed not because they are brilliant in class. Being intelligent is only half, if not a fourth of the magic formula for success. It takes a lot more. From my years of teaching and mingling with college students, I have culled three qualities that are common in those who have managed to achieve their dreams:

1) Perseverance.

More often than not, bright people do not possess this since they do not need much time studying in order to pass an exam. Those who are not as gifted have to spend more time studying, and thus, in time, develop this virtue. In the long run, perseverance has shown to be a higher quality since it is carried through as a work attitude.

2) Focus.

Picture yourself five or ten years from now. Ask yourself, with the present tract, what will I become in five years’ time? If the image does not result in what you dream of becoming, you would know it’s time to re-assess and re-direct your life. Focus on that image and work towards it. And,

3) Humility.

Accept your weaknesses but know your strengths and build on them. When you are humble, you learn more. People who think they know everything have no room for improvement. They miss out on the chance to learn from other people’s experiences.
So, assess where you are today and start your journey towards that dream. And you will be surprised how opportunities open up to help you pursue that dream.

Leave a Reply

Popular Articles